Welcome to First Church Congregational!
Are you new to First Church Congregational? If so Welcome! This page and Web site should provide you with all the information you need about our church, services, activates and more. If you have any questions at all please contact Christy in the office 440-357-7518.
Join Us for Sunday Morning Service
- 9:00 AM Contemporary Service
The Contemporary Worship Service is held on Sunday mornings from 9:00 until 9:45 in the Chapel. First Church’s “house band” JoyRide performs weekly during the service.
- 11:00 AM Traditional Service
(Holy Communion the first Sunday of every month in both services)
9AM to 12PM Child Care
- Through the Nursery experience your child will learn that church is a safe and fun place to spend time and even at this very young age begin to make friends and learn that we are all God’s people. We encourage families to introduce their children to the church experience by using our Nursery which is available during our Contemporary Service at 9am, Adult Sunday School at 10am and the Traditional Worship at 11am.
9:15 & 11:15AM Children’s Church
- During the regular serve our Youth Minister Alex Hillyard will take the kids to have a children’s service. In this service the children will receive the scripture in a manner that they can understand and relate to in a fun and friendly manner.
10:00 AM Sunday School (Sept.-May) Pre K-12 th grade
- Preschool (3 & 4 Year Olds) with Lauren Szekely in room Pre-K on lower level. This year we are proud to introduce to you our newest Sunday School teacher, Lauren Szekely. Lauren will be heading into a career in early childhood education after college and would love to help lead your child through the stories of the Bible. They can also expect some great crafts and games with her as well!
- Kinder.-3rd Grade with Wendy and Jennifer Anspach in the Blue k-3rd room on the third floor. We are excited about this new Sunday School year!! Come and Join us as we get set to learn about God’s people and their Adventures.
- Pre-teens 4th- 6th Grade with Lana Frischkorn in the Green 4th-6th room on the third floor. Preteens grades 4-6 can look forward to Creation,Covenants, Commandments, Solomom’s Temple along with fun projects again this fall. Can’t wait to see all of you!!
- Youth (7th – 12th Grade) with Alex Hillyard in the Orange 7th-12th room on the third floor.In our youth class, we will be covering a variety of issues related to where you are in your spiritual life to how does your faith get lived out in school, even how do you deal with confrontation to your faith or how do you handle PARENTS! But in the end, the most important thing we will cover is that God is with you during each and every one of these parts of life.
10:00 AM Adult Sunday School (Sept.-May)
- Graceful Revelations with Sylvia Jayne is an adult Sunday School class for women of all ages that meets at 10:00 on Sunday mornings. We decide on which book, usually a current biblically based book, or sometimes we do a DVD series. We all have input on what to study. We function as a small group who cares and supports one another in all we do. We also try to be involved in Church functions and even have our own fundraisers for the church from time to time. We welcome all to attend and get to know one another, we will be meeting in the North Room at 10AM starting the 14th of September.